Veteran's Resources

Wright Center for Non-Traditional and Veteran Students

Coordinator: Greg Tremelling
Location: Royce Hall, 3rd Floor
Phone: 608.342.7576

Veteran’s Education Benefits

School Certifying Official: Jeanne Robinson
Location: Royce Hall, 3rd Floor
Phone: 608.342.7351

The school certifying official is located in the Robert and James Wright Center for Non-Traditional and Veteran Students. The Wright Center serves as an advocate and resource for veterans and non-traditional students on campus and has information on campus, local, state and federal resources.

Veterans interested in education benefits must complete the necessary application forms for the benefit they are seeking. Although the school certifying official (SCO) provides information about the various benefit programs, veterans should contact their County Veteran Service Office to determine what benefits they may be eligible for.  The SCO may provide guidance, however, all decisions about which program(s) veterans wish to use must be made by the veteran. For further information, please visit, or contact the Wright Center at 608.342.7351.

For assistance regarding benefit eligibility or to learn about other benefits, veteran’s should contact the Grant County Veterans Service Office at 608.723.2756.

Platteville Student Veterans Organization

The Platteville Student Veterans Organization offers the opportunity for student veterans to come together in order to build camaraderie and support systems. Students who have served in any branch of the U.S military for any length of time, as well as military supporters are eligible to join. The goals of the organization are to unite student veterans and service members, to establish a unified veteran’s voice on campus, to promote academic success and social development, and to provide for the shared understanding of one another.  For further information, please visit

Military Service: Leaving and Returning to the University

Mobilization Guidelines

If currently enrolled students receive military orders (involuntary call to active duty) that will interrupt their education, they must provide a copy of their orders to the registrar and the veterans certifying official. Notification of the registrar will allow the student to exercise the following options:

  1. Withdrawal from all courses with a full refund of tuition
  2. Selective withdrawal from one or more courses with a refund of tuition
  3. Incomplete grades awarded at the discretion of the instructor to provide an extension for completing coursework
  4. Final grades may be issued if the instructor determines that the student has completed a sufficient amount of coursework

Returning to the University

Any students returning from military service or who have interrupted their studies to enlist and attend military training may return without applying for readmission if the period of absence does not exceed two years. In order to reactivate the student’s eligibility to register, the student should contact the Registrar’s Office no later than six months following discharge from service or training. An updated DD-214 or NOBE (DD 2384-1) should be submitted to the registrar and the veterans certifying official as soon as possible but no later than six months after the effective date of the orders.

Before enrolling with another university or college, students must contact the Registrar’s Office to ensure that classes are transferable. Any such enrollment must be reported at the time of re-entry to UW-Platteville and official transcripts must be provided. If a student leaves the university to enlist following an academic dismissal, an appeal to the Admissions and Academic Appeals committee may be required. Enlistment will not void an academic dismissal. For further information, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 608.342.1321 or by e-mail at