Understanding Course Descriptions
GEOGRPHY 3330 Environmental Conservation 3 Credits
The relationship of humans and the natural environment. Topics include environmental world views, the effects of eco system disruption, and use and misuse of natural resources.
GE: Social Sciences
Prereqs/Coreqs: P: Junior standing or consent of instructor
Typically Offered: Fall/Spring
This upper level course would be found in the geography section of the course description area. It has a prerequisite of junior or senior standing, and carries social science general education credit.
|0000-0990||No credit toward degree (does not count toward 120 credit minimum)|
|1000-2990 (or 200W-299W)||Lower level undergraduate course|
|3000-4990 (or 300W-499W)||Upper level undergraduate course|
|5000 or higher||Graduate level course|
The course credits are listed to the right of the course number. One credit hour represents one hour of class time per week plus two hours of out-of-class study.
Course Title and Course Description
The course title is listed in bold. A brief description of the course is included after the title.
Prerequisite or Corequisite Designation
P: Designates that the course has a prerequisite (a course that must be taken before this class)
C: Designates that the course has a corequisite (a course that must be taken at the same time as this class)
Designates which semester or term the course is offered. This serves as a general guide and does not guarantee that a course will be offered during a particular semester or term: fall, spring, summer, winterim. Contact the department for current information on course offerings and rotation. Students who find courses without a semester designation should consult with the department chairperson.
General Education (Liberal Studies Areas) Requirements
Lists which general education requirements this course meets
- HUMAN: Carries general education humanities credit
- FINE ARTS: Carries general education fine arts credit
- HISTORY: Carries general education historical perspective credit
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: Carries general education social sciences credit
- NATURAL SCIENCE: Carries general education natural sciences credit
- INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION: Carries general education international education credit
- ETHNIC STUDIES, GENDER STUDIES: Carries general education ethnic and gender studies credit
- ETHNIC: Carries general education ethnic studies credit
- GENDER: Carries general education gender studies credit
- ENTRY: Carries entry credit
- HHP-ACTIVITY: Carries health and human performance activity credit
- HHP-WELLNESS: Carries health and human performance wellness credit