Re-Entry Students

Students who have attended a UW-Platteville campus as degree-seeking students in the past and wish to take classes again at the same campus may apply as a re-entry student.  Re-entry guidelines are the same for all UW-Platteville campuses.

Re-Entry Admission Guidelines and Application Procedures

  • Students who voluntarily interrupt university work while in good standing may be granted admission upon completion and submission of the UW System application ( to the Office of Admission.1
  • Students granted re-entry status who were on scholastic probation or other conditional status at the same time of last attendance at UW-Platteville retain such status as a condition of re-entry unless attendance at another recognized institution has altered the status.
  • Eligibility for re-admission is based upon previous work at UW-Platteville; however, to be re-admitted to the university, each student must be eligible to return to the institution last attended. Students desiring re-admission prior to meeting the requirements of their dismissal for scholastic or other reasons, must file an appeal with the Admission and Academic Appeals Committee.
  • Students that have had three (3) or more dismissals may only seek readmission through the Admission and Academic Appeals Committee appeal process
  • The initial appeals process is through the Admission and Academic Appeals Committee.

Military Service: Leaving and Returning to the University

Mobilization Guidelines

If currently enrolled students receive military orders (involuntary call to active duty) that will interrupt their education, they must provide a copy of their orders to the registrar and the veterans certifying official. Notification of the registrar will allow the student to exercise the following options:

  1. Withdrawal from all courses with a full refund of tuition
  2. Selective withdrawal from one or more courses with a refund of tuition
  3. Incomplete grades awarded at the discretion of the instructor to provide an extension for completing coursework
  4. Final grades may be issued if the instructor determines that the student has completed a sufficient amount of coursework

Returning to the University

Any students returning from military service or who have interrupted their studies to enlist and attend military training may return without applying for readmission if the period of absence does not exceed two years. In order to reactivate the student’s eligibility to register, the student should contact the Registrar’s Office no later than six months following discharge from service or training. An updated DD-214 or NOBE (DD 2384-1) should be submitted to the registrar and the veterans certifying official as soon as possible but no later than six months after the effective date of the orders.

Before enrolling with another university or college, students must contact the Registrar’s Office to ensure that classes are transferable. Any such enrollment must be reported at the time of re-entry to UW-Platteville and official transcripts must be provided. If a student leaves the university to enlist following an academic dismissal, an appeal to the Admissions and Academic Appeals committee may be required. Enlistment will not void an academic dismissal. For further information, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 608.342.1321 or by e-mail at