Students currently enrolled in high school may apply to any of the UW-Platteville campuses for concurrent coursework. The University of Wisconsin-Platteville allows high school students to take college courses through the Early College Credit Program (ECCP) or as a High School Special student providing that they meet the requirements for entry, receive necessary approval from their full time school district of attendance, and course availability. Application deadlines may be viewed on the High School Special Student webpage.
Early College Credit Program and High School Special students register after all UW-Platteville degree-seeking students have registered, therefore admission does not guarantee course availability for the specifically approved courses. Registration is on a space available basis. In addition, students may be required to take a UW System Placement Exam for English, Mathematics and other university courses.
Early College Credit Program and High School Special students must abide by all regulations, policies and procedures of the university as outlined in the university catalog, semester timetable and official university documents. These include, but are not limited to, the university drop, withdrawal, tuition refund, grading and attendance policies. In addition, all students must comply with the rules set forth by instructors. Courses taken at UW-Platteville become a part of the student's permanent university record and may affect subsequent admission eligibility to postsecondary institutions.
High school students attending public and private high schools in Wisconsin are eligible to apply through this program. Admitted students may take one or more courses and earn credit for high school, post-secondary credit, or both. High school students who wish to take university courses through the ECCP must receive approval through their school district.
High School Special Students
High School students admitted as a high school special student can earn college credit for concurrent coursework. Students in this category are responsible for all tuition and fee payments.
High School Special and ECCP Admission Eligibility Guidelines
- Seniors must be in the top 50 percent of their class or have an ACT composite of 22 (SAT of 1110)
- Juniors must be in the top 10 percent of the class or have scored in the top 10 percent in one or more of the nationally recognized admission examinations (ACT, SAT)
- Must have the sanction of the high school principal or counselor demonstrated through submission of the University of Wisconsin System High School Special Agreement Form)
Each high school student aspiring to attend university classes may take three semester credits per semester. Certain students may elect to take up to, but no more than, six credits per semester upon the approval of the Office of Admission. It is to be understood that each high school student wishing to attend classes at UW-Platteville must reapply each semester.
High School Special and ECCP Application Procedure
The UW-Platteville admission application for students interested in the High School Special or Early College Credit Program, as well as specific deadlines, are available online at https://campus.uwplatt.edu/admission/special-high-school or through the Office of Admission. To apply, submit the following information:
- Early College Credit Program (ECCP) and High School Special Agreement form
- University of Wisconsin (UW) System application (https://apply.wisconsin.edu/)
- Official transcript(s) from the high school of graduation as well as any college-level or post-secondary coursework (transcripts must come directly from the high school or institution attended to the UW-Platteville Office of Admission)
- ACT or SAT score reports