Students approaching completion of their program should:
- Complete the Application for Graduation when eligible. The application will appear in your PASS task tile as follows:
- 90 earned credits for a bachelor's degree
- 30 earned credits for an associate degree
- To allow processing of the application and inclusion in the commencement program, students must complete the application during the following windows:
Graduation Term Applications Begin Applications End
Fall 2019 September 1, 2018 October 15, 2019
Spring 2020 January 1, 2019 March 15, 2020
Summer 2020 January 1, 2019 July 15, 2020
Fall 2020 September 1, 2019 October 15, 2020
Spring 2021 January 1, 2020 March 15, 2021
Summer 2021 January 1, 2020 July 15, 2021
- Review with major advisor(s), all coursework, credits earned and possible waivers or changes to the degree.
- Inform the Registrar’s Office of any degree changes, substitutions or waivers.
- All requirements including outstanding grades, transcripts, and teacher education requirements must be completed by the following dates following the end of the term:
- December graduation - January 31
- May graduation - June 30
- August graduation - September 30
If degree requirements are not completed by these deadlines graduation will be delayed until the following term.
In spring 2019, the graduation fee for students seeking a bachelor degree was replaced by a senior assessment fee. This one-time fee is automatically billed in the semester after a student has earned 90 credits and is not associated with the completion of a degree.
Students who are seeking an associate degree and enter the university in fall 2019 or later will be charged a $25.00 fee at the time a graduation application (also known as intent to graduate) form is filed.
Commencement ceremonies are held as follows:
- Platteville Campus: Twice each year – at the end of the fall and spring semesters.
- Baraboo Sauk County and Richland Campuses: Once per year – at the end of the spring semester.
All coursework (including co-ops, internships and student teaching) must be completed before a degree will be awarded. Attendance at a Commencement ceremony does not imply completion of a degree. Only degree candidates who expect to complete all requirements at the end of the semester may participate in commencement. Candidates for graduation at the end of a summer session must inform the registrar if they wish to attend the May or December Commencement (Platteville Campus only). Although attendance is optional, we strongly encourage all graduates and their families to attend this important ceremony and celebrate the achievements of our new graduates.