|Select one 3-credit course in American Literature 1,2||3|
|Select one 3-credit course in British Literature 1,2||3|
|ENGLISH 2210||Introduction to Linguistics 3||3|
|or ENGLISH 3930||Teaching of Literature|
|ENGLISH 3030||Teaching of Composition||3|
|TEACHING 4390||Teaching of English in Middle and Secondary Schools||3|
|Additional Elective: Students must select ENGLISH 2120, ENGLISH 2210, ENGLISH 2650, or another American or British Literature course||3|
Students must earn a "C" average or better in these courses.
At least two literature courses must be at the 3000 level or above.
ENGLISH 3930 is recommended and required for 5-12 licensure.
Requirements for the School of Education
- Pass Pre-Professional Skills Test
- Apply in sophomore year to the School of Education
- Fulfill requirements on middle/secondary education checklist
- Pass English content test (Praxis II)
- Satisfy the requirements outlined in the teacher licensure section listed under the School of Education in this catalog