|American Literature course (English 2540 or 4430 recommended) 1,2||3|
|British Literature course (English 2330, 3440, 3540, or 4330 recommended) 1,2||3|
|ENGLISH 3030||Teaching of Composition||3|
|ENGLISH 3940||Grammar in Context||3|
|ENGLISH 4730||Teaching of English in Middle and Secondary Schools||3|
|Additional Elective: Students must select English 2120, 2210, 2650, or another American or British Literature course||3|
Students must earn a "C" average or better in these courses.
At least two literature courses must be at the 3000 level or above.
ENGLISH 3930 is recommended and required for 5-12 licensure.
Requirements for the School of Education
- Pass Pre-Professional Skills Test
- Apply in sophomore year to the School of Education
- Fulfill requirements on middle/secondary education checklist
- Pass English content test (Praxis II)
- Satisfy the requirements outlined in the teacher licensure section listed under the School of Education in this catalog