As part of a statewide restructure of the former two-year campuses of the University of Wisconsin-Colleges in 2017-18, the university further grew and strengthened its footprint in Southwest Wisconsin by collaboratively integrating with two-year campuses UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County and UW-Platteville Richland. These campuses share common teaching-centered philosophies, hands-on learning opportunities in small class sizes, academic excellence, affordability, and a commitment to giving back to enrich the community.
UW-Platteville Richland opened in 1967 as the Richland Branch Campus of the Wisconsin State University-Platteville. The tradition of higher education in Richland County has deep roots, going back to 1903, when the first college was established in Richland Center. Through various changes and incarnations for the Richland campus, the tradition of higher education access in Richland County continues.
The main classroom building includes classroom space, a computer lab, and art studio. The modern Science Hall has classroom and laboratory space, and state-of-the-art distance learning facilities. Miller Memorial Library houses a local collection of over 27,000 volumes. The Wallace Student Center is the location of the the Roadrunner Cafe, student lounge, and the Coppertop Theater. Melvill Hall is where students can find the Student Services Office, along with faculty and staff offices, and the Pippin Conference Center.
The student services team, in collaboration with key main campus departments and professional staff, provides holistic support for students through a personal, hands-on approach. The specific services are designed to promote academic excellence and support every individual student’s growth and development.