Distance Learning Only - See the Undergraduate-Distance Learning Catalog for more information.
|General Requirements 1|
|General Education 2||44-48|
|Required Courses (61 credits)|
|APC 3000||Programming I||3|
|APC 3100||Math for Computer Science||3|
|APC 3200||Introduction to Business||3|
|APC 3300||Technical and Professional Communication||3|
|APC 3400||Legal and Ethical Responsibilities of the IT Professional||3|
|APC 3500||Programming II||3|
|APC 3600||Database Management I||3|
|APC 3700||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|APC 3800||Project Management Techniques||3|
|APC 3900||Object Oriented Programming||3|
|APC 4000||Applied Communication Networks||3|
|APC 4100||Database Management II||3|
|APC 4200||Computer Security I||3|
|APC 4300||Applied Data Structures and Algorithms||3|
|APC 4400||Web Development||3|
|APC 4500||Operating Systems Theory and Practice||3|
|APC 4600||Software Engineering Practices||3|
|APC 4700||IS Strategy and Management||3|
|APC 4800||Computer Security II||3|
|APC 4900||Capstone Prep||1|
|APC 4950||Capstone Project||3|
An algebra course equivalent to MATH 1530 or higher is required for admission to this program. MATH 1620 or above is required to fulfill the Math Competency Requirement.
General Education requirements for First Year Experience and Competency are not currently available through UW-Platteville Center for Distance Learning. Contact the CDL for more information.
- Minimum of 120 earned credits.
- Minimum of 42 of those 120 credits must be upper division credits (courses numbered 3000 or 4000).
- Minimum of 32 of the 120 credits must be taken under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty.
- 23 of the last 32 credits taken for the degree must be taken under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty.
- No more than 72 credits can transfer in from any and all two-year lower division colleges.
- You must earn a grade of "C-" or better in courses taken with other institutions in order for courses to be considered for transfer.
- You must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00 overall.
- You must also maintain degree progress by completing at least one UW-Platteville course every two years in order to remain under these catalog requirements. Failure to do so will result in discontinuation from the program.
- Some requirements may be subject to change without notice.