How to read course descriptions
GEOGRPHY 1040 Planet Earth4 Credits
The features of the natural environment (lithosphere, atmosphere and hydrosphere); their character, distribution, origin and relationship with human beings. Principles of environmental conservation are also included. A field trip is required. Not open to students who have had GEOGRPHY 1140 or GEOGRPHY 1240.
Components: Laboratory, Class
Cross Offering: GEOGRPHY 1040
GE: Natural Science
Typically Offered: Fall/Spring
0000-0990 No credit toward degree
(does not count toward 120 credit minimum)
1000-2990 Lower level undergraduate course
3000-4990 Upper level undergraduate course
5000 or higher Graduate level course
The course credits are listed to the right of the course number. One credit hour represents one hour of class time per week plus two hours of out-of-class study.
Course Title and Course Description
The course title is listed in bold. A brief description of the course is included after the title.
Prerequisite or Corequisite Designation
P: Designates that the course has a prerequisite (a course that must be taken before this class)
C: Designates that the course has a corequisite (a course that must be taken at the same time as this class)
Designates which semester or term the course is offered. This serves as a general guide and does not guarantee that a course will be offered during a particular semester or term: fall, spring, summer, winterim. Contact the department for current information on course offerings and rotation. Students who find courses without a semester designation should consult with the department chairperson.
General Education (Liberal Studies Areas) Requirements
Lists which general education requirements this course meets
- HUMAN: Carries general education humanities credit
- FINE ARTS: Carries general education fine arts credit
- HISTORY: Carries general education historical perspective credit
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: Carries general education social sciences credit
- NATURAL SCIENCE: Carries general education natural sciences credit
- INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION: Carries general education international education credit
- ETHNIC STUDIES, GENDER STUDIES: Carries general education ethnic and gender studies credit
- ETHNIC: Carries general education ethnic studies credit
- GENDER: Carries general education gender studies credit
- ENTRY: Carries entry credit
- HHP-ACTIVITY: Carries health and human performance activity credit
- HHP-WELLNESS: Carries health and human performance wellness credit