To All Applicants
This section provides general admission information for degree-seeking and special students. Professional development courses or courses for personal enjoyment can be found through the Continuing Education Institute.
Those who intend to earn a degree or become a special student must apply for admission to the university. Please see the admission procedures below.
All applicants must provide the university with accurate information about personal and educational history. Students who intentionally falsify or omit information, as part of their university record will be suspended.
Admission procedures and standards vary. Learn more about the admission procedures for each area below.
- Associate of Arts and Sciences
- Associate of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computing
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Special Student/Single Course Enrollment
Credits By Examination
Some students may be eligible to receive college credits based on their Advanced Placement or College Level Examination Program scores; still others may choose to take test-outs developed by individual departments on the UW-Platteville campus. In addition, most veterans are eligible to receive some advanced credit for their service.
Since many of the credits awarded by examination or review count toward the general education requirements, students should read both this chapter and the general education chapter of the catalog thoroughly before registering for courses.
- Advanced Placement Examination
- College Level Examination Program
- International Baccalaureate Examination
- Departmental Test- Outs and Waivers
- Advanced Credit for Veterans
Appeal Of Admission Decision
To appeal your admission decision, contact the Center for Distance Learning.