Policies and Procedures


The University of Wisconsin-Platteville transcript is a complete academic record of a student’s enrollment at the university. Maintained by the Office of the Registrar, the transcript is a complete history of undergraduate or graduate level courses attempted and grades earned. Courses include those taken at UW-Platteville, transfer coursework evaluated by the university, and advance standing credits. Your semester grade point average and academic standing is shown after each term. The transcript also includes any earned degrees including the majors and minors completed.

Current students can view their unofficial transcripts in the Pioneer Administrative Software System (PASS). Students who are no longer enrolled may only request official copies of their transcripts.

As of February 1, 2014 UW-Platteville retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript requests over the internet. Both your Date of Birth and Student ID number or Social Security number are required within the request in order to locate your transcript information. Note: Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts are separate records and must be requested on separate orders.

Only students may request their transcripts, except as prescribed in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Further information, including a transcript request form, may be found on the Registrar website at https://campus.uwplatt.edu/registrar/transcripts.

During the 2018-19 academic year when the Baraboo Sauk County and Richland campuses were being integrated with UW-Platteville, the official record continued to be a part of the former University of Wisconsin-Colleges transcript.  Information regarding these transcripts and how to order is also found on the UW-Platteville transcript website.

Student Discipline and Academic Misconduct

The dean of students handles matters involving students’ rights and responsibilities. The dean of students responsibilities regarding discipline are two-fold: to ensure that students are treated fairly, and to see that students meet university policies and regulations. The dean of students is guided in this effort by Chapters 14, 17, and 18 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code and by those regulations specific to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. Details regarding student disciplinary procedures and the conduct expectations in chapters 14, 17, and 18 is located at https://campus.uwplatt.edu/dean-students/student-conduct.

The university may discipline a student for academic dishonesty, including any of the following or similar examples of false representation of a student’s performance:

  • Cheating on an examination.
  • Collaborating with others in work to be presented, contrary to the stated rules of the course.
  • Submitting a paper or assignment that contains ideas or research of others without appropriately identifying the sources of those ideas; stealing examinations or course materials.
  • Submitting a paper or assignment as one’s own work when a part or all of the paper or assignment is the work of another.
  • Stealing examinations or course materials
  • Submitting, if contrary to the rules of a course, work previously presented in another course.
  • Tampering with the laboratory experiment or computer program of another student.
  • Knowingly and intentionally assisting another student in any of the above, including assistance in an arrangement whereby any work, classroom performance, examination or other activity is submitted or performed by a person other than the student under whose name the work is submitted or performed.

For complete details, review https://campus.uwplatt.edu/dean-students/student-conduct.

Withdrawal from the University

Withdrawal from the university refers to a complete withdrawal from the university, including withdrawal from all classes for the term. This procedure is not to be confused with dropping a single course or several courses. To withdraw from the university, students need to contact their advisor.

Retention, Probation, and Dismissal

An overall 3.00 graduate grade point average is required to maintain full standing. If the overall grade point average drops below 3.00, the student is placed on probation. If after an additional 12 graduate credits, the student’s grade point average remains below 3.00, the student will be dismissed.

Students who are dismissed may be given the option of enrolling as a Special Student to enable continuation of coursework, if approved by the program coordinator.  Once a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is attained, the dismissed student becomes eligible to apply for readmission to the previously admitted program.  Students will be reevaluated for admission, if a student is granted readmission, a maximum of 12 total credits earned during Special Student state (regardless of when earned during their academic career) may be accepted.  Additionally, all credits earned prior to dismissal in the given program may be accepted: however, the final three credits (or capstone/seminar/thesis) of the degree program may NOT be attempted until the student has been granted admission back into his or her program.

Applying Credits Earned in One Graduate Program Toward Another Graduate Degree

Credits from other University of Wisconsin-Platteville graduate degree programs may be applied to a second graduate degree at UW-Platteville upon the recommendation of the program faculty, up to a maximum of 12 credits. The total of credits from other University of Wisconsin-Platteville degree programs and credits transferred from other institutions cannot exceed twelve credits.

Graduation Requirements

You will earn your degree by successfully completing the requirements for your program

To learn more about the process of applying for graduation and commencement information please visit the Center for Distance Learning webpage for graduation procedures.