|British Literature course 1,2||3|
|American Literature course 1,2||3|
|World Literature course 1,2||3|
|Literature course 1,2,3||3|
|ENGLISH 3940||Grammar in Context||3|
|ENGLISH 4730||Teaching of English in Middle and Secondary Schools||3|
|Select 6 credits of Writing courses at the 2000 level or above||6|
Students must earn a "C" average or better in these courses.
At least two literature courses must be at the 3000 level or above.
ENGLISH 3930 is recommended and required for 5-12 licensure.
Requirements for the School of Education
- Pass Pre-Professional Skills Test
- Apply in sophomore year to the School of Education
- Fulfill requirements on middle/secondary education checklist
- Pass English content test (Praxis II)
- Satisfy the requirements outlined in the teacher licensure section listed under the School of Education in this catalog