Residence Halls

During the regular academic year, residence hall space may be limited due to high enrollment. Freshman and sophomore students are required to live in residence halls unless they are released from that UW System requirement. Thus, when occupancy is high, incoming students and continuing residence hall students who submitted applications according to that process are able to live in the residence halls until space is no longer available. However, if space allows, the Student Housing Office will accept applications from graduate students.

There are nine traditional style residence halls with double occupancy rooms. A suite/apartment style residence hall provides four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchenette, and living room within each suite. Graduate students who live in residence halls or suites are not required to participate in a meal program unless it is their personal choice to do so.

During the summer session, residence hall rooms are available for the entire summer session (eight weeks). Single rooms may be available during the summer session. Students may rent rooms in the summer residence hall for less than the eight week session. The summer residence hall is air conditioned.

When submitting an application for residence hall accommodations, the student must make a rental prepayment. Summer session accommodations do not require a prepayment and rental fees will be charged to the student’s account. For specific information regarding housing and housing rates, contact Residence Life, Royce Hall, 608.342.1845 or email us at

Dining Services

A variety of food, beverage, and nutritional services are provided at UW-Platteville. Dining Services provides a number of meal plan options for residence hall and commuter students. In addition, students may add cash to their meal plan for extra purchasing flexibility at all dining locations.


Graduate students are charged a textbook rental fee which is included in the segregated fees listed on the statement with the tuition bill. Students must pay all outstanding bills from past sessions before picking up textbooks. A Pioneer Passport ID card is required to pick up textbooks. Students may purchase their textbooks during scheduled book sales each semester. Note: Textbook rental is not available for the Distance Learning Center, Adult Education (AE), Cross-Categorical Special Education Certification (CC), Educational Administration Certification (EA), English Language Learning Licensure (ELL), Reading Specialist/Reading Teacher (RE) and Teaching Visually Impaired (TVI) programs.

Students must return textbooks to the Textbook Center the last day of the final exam period as published in the Registrar’s Class Schedule book. If for any reason a student cannot return textbooks in person, he or she may mail them to the Textbook Center. A late fee will be assessed on books returned the first two weeks after the final exam period. After that date, books are no longer accepted for return and students are charged the non-refundable cost of the book(s).

A student who drops a course must return the textbooks immediately, even if the student plans to retake the course the following semester. If a student fails to return a textbook and a textbook must be ordered to cover a shortage of books needed for a particular course, the student will be charged the non-refundable full replacement cost of the book and a $5 processing fee.

Independent Study or Incomplete

Special textbook arrangements must be made at the Textbook Center the week before the final exam period on books needed past the due date or be subject to the late fee schedule.

The Textbook Center is open extended hours, 8 a.m.–7 p.m., Monday through Thursday, the first week of classes. (If a Monday holiday occurs the first week of classes, the
Textbook Center will be open the following Monday, 8 a.m.–7 p.m.) During finals week, the Textbook Center is open 8 a.m.–9:15 p.m. the first four days and 8 a.m.–5:30 p.m. the last day.

Please see the Textbook Center’s website for additional information:

Student Health Services

The UW-Platteville Student Health Services provides a broad range of primary health care services to the campus community. These include acute care for illness and emergencies, health and wellness promotion, and opportunities for students to participate actively in their own health care. Most health care services are available at no charge to all UW-Platteville students who carry three or more credits per semester. Students are responsible for those expenses incurred outside the Student Health Services (such as consultations with private physicians, referrals for specialty care if needed, x-rays, prescribed medications, and some laboratory work). A directory of medical services provided on campus and in the community is available at the Student Health Services office. Physicians, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses provide care to students. Student Health Services, which is located on the second floor of Royce Hall, is open Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m.–4:15 p.m. To schedule an appointment or to receive more information, call 608.342.1891.

Health insurance is an important part of your total health care needs.  We strongly recommend that all students obtain health insurance either through family or private coverage or the Affordable Care Act (ACA) at