The graduate catalog presents announcements of general information, general academic regulations, and the University of Wisconsin-Platteville’s graduate academic program extant at the date of publication. The University of Wisconsin-Platteville reserves the right to change any of its announcements, regulations, or requirements at any time without notice or obligation. All curricula and policies may change as a normal result of the university’s effort to improve its programs and services. This catalog is not a contract. The School of Graduate Studies is responsible for the content of this publication.
Your catalog should be kept readily available throughout your graduate academic career. A link to the contents of the catalog can be found on the School of Graduate Studies web page www.uwplatt.edu/graduate-studies.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville to provide equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, arrest or conviction record, identity as a veteran, disabled veteran, Vietnam era veteran, membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or this state. Sexual harassment is illegal and will not be tolerated. Co-workers and supervisors may not retaliate against any employee, student, or job applicant because he or she filed a complaint, assisted in an investigation, or participated in any proceeding alleging discrimination on the foregoing basis.
The university ensures physical accessibility to work environments for persons with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment. Upon request, the university will provide reasonable accommodations for religious observances and practices. The university is committed to a program of affirmative action for women, racial minorities, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. While the chancellor assumes overall responsibility for the success of the program, university administrators and supervisors are responsible and accountable for implementation. Authority for monitoring the program is delegated to the director of Human Resources.
Each individual associated with the university is encouraged to pledge a new and revitalized commitment to build and maintain a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination-an environment that fosters mutual respect, recognizes the dignity and worth of all people, and promotes to the fullest, equal employment opportunity through affirmative action.
Students having concerns or questions about discrimination, harassment, or sexual assault are encouraged to contact the Human Resources office (2300 Ullsvik Hall, 608.342.1176). All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
UW-Platteville is accredited by:
- Higher Learning Commission – 800.621.7440 - www.hlcommission.org
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411
UW-Platteville teacher education programs are approved by:
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
The following UW-Platteville engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
UW-Platteville program-specific accreditation and approvals include:
- Chemistry - American Chemical Society
- Industrial Studies - Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering and Foundry Education Foundation
- Music Education - National Association of Schools of Music
- Project Management - Global Accreditation by Project Management Institute
UW-Platteville memberships include:
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- American Association of University Women
- American Association of Higher Education
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- College Board
- Council of Higher Education Accreditation
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Fulbright Association
- International Association of University Presidents
- National Academic Advising Association
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Project Management Institute
- Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict
- Wisconsin Women in Higher Education Leadership